Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 5 – Seeking Solace

Solace isn’t a word I would normally use – for me, comfort sounds better. Solace means comfort or consolation in times of distress or sadness.

 

Where do I find solace? Where do I turn for solace?

 

Music – If I’m feeling down, have had a bad day, need a lift or just want to tune out, I turn on music. I have it as loud as it will go and dance around the house with my little girl. I love any type of music (except maybe country!) and find that songs speak to me and seem to know just what I need in certain situations

 

Food – Probably not the best thing to do, but when I am sad, upset, glum or stressed out, I sometimes eat. My food of choice – chocolate. It seems to fix everything!

 

Sunshine – I love going outside, lying on the grass, close my eyes and soak up the warmth and comfort of the sunshine. It makes me feel energised, relaxed and sometimes a little sleepy.

 

Cuddles – If I need a lift or comfort, a hug helps! The best hugs are from my little girl, my husband and my best friend Rach.

 

Faith – Sadly, at the moment I am going through a season of questioning, drought and shaping when it comes to my faith and therefore, it is not always the first place I seek solace. I want that to change in 2011, I just need to be willing, open and expectant

1 comments:

maria said...

Hi Naomi,

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog the other day.

I did a short/quick reply on my blog, but thought I'd come over and leave some comments here on your blogs (yes.. even on the WiiFit&Fab blog).

How did the yoghurt/coconut/lime chicken tenders go? Did they turn out ok? If so.. I hope you enjoyed them all. I very rarely get comments on my blog from 96three listeners.. so it was a nice surprise.

I need to use my WiiFit more btw!

Hope your weekend went well.. thanks for tuning in to the foodie segment on Tuesdays also (assuming you do)? :)

Cheers,
Maria.
http://foodiewanderings.blogspot.com

foodiew@gmail.com

Post a Comment