Monday, March 1, 2010

A resident or a visitor?

Okay, so I heard something interesting in church this morning.

The pastor was talking about whether Jesus was a resident or visitor in our life.

It got me thinking about my life. Do I cry out and pray to God only when I need him and things aren't going right? Do I bring out my lamp, rub it and expect the genie "Jesus" to pop out and grant all my wishes/prayers?

Honestly, my answer is yes. It never used to be that way, but lately, I find myself starting my prayers with "Lord, I'm sorry I only come to you when I need help but...."

So is God a visitor, or a resident in your life? I know I want Him to be a resident, a permanent dweller, but at the moment, I feel as if he is just a regular visitor.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

very good point! :-) John 15 talks about Jesus the vine dresser abiding in the vine and talks about us also abiding in Him. He wants so much to be in every part of our lives, not just during prayer but everywhere we go and anything we do. He loves us that much and more!

Ali said...

Thats a very challenging question!! Thanks for posting this Naomi! Just want i needed to hear!

Post a Comment