Monday, December 20, 2010

2 - Love

This may not be the “real” definition of love, or the definition that is written in the dictionary. It is my definition of love – and it comes from the heart; where love blooms.

Love is unlike anything else. You know it when you experience it and grieve when it is lost.

Love is beyond words, beyond phrases, beyond comprehension. Love just is.

Love is when you let your toddler decorate the Christmas tree and don’t mind that all the decorations are in one spot

Love is finding the one who you will give your heart to for the rest of your life

Love is sacrifice

Love is more than a feeling, more than an emotion. It is a state of being. It is an action. It is a verb

Love is looking into your baby’s eyes for the first time as they take their first breath in this world

Love is giving

Love is when you make cupcakes with your child and don’t fuss when the cupcakes aren’t perfect

Love is sitting up in the middle of the night when your child has a high fever – forgoing the precious sleep your crave

Love is where your heart is. There you will find your treasure

Love is thinking of others before yourself. It is compassion. It is selfless.

Love is something that took a while for me to grasp; I still don’t really know if I understand it. Sometimes I feel like love is all I need. If I had love and understood it then all would be right with the world. I seem to be good at loving others, but when it comes to loving myself – I fall.

Love conquers all

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent post Nay. Mine's up too. Amazing how how different we've approached it and yet how similar the essence.

Post a Comment