Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day 4–Dark

Darkness brings silence. Sometimes it’s nice to just sit and listen in the darkness. It brings peace, yet it also brings fear. I used to be afraid of the dark when I was little. I didn’t think there were monsters in my closet or under my bed. I just thought bad things happened at night. I always used to get sick at night.

I love the dark because it brings out the stars. I like standing on the front lawn and gazing up into the sky.

The dark brings with it certain smells. In the winter, it is wood smoke. In summer, it brings the smell of rain and of freshness. The darkness closes the day, finishes everything.

The dark allows you to see the light. The darkness brings with it the hope of a new morn

1 comments:

Tammy said...

Yes I agree about dark allows you to see the light.

I am wanting to go outside one night and lay on the kid's trampoline and stare up at the stars...

Post a Comment