Sunday, December 6, 2009

Back to testing again :(

So, I'm back to testing my blood sugar levels again :(

I have a history of diabetes in my family. My nan, my aunty and my mum. I also had Gestational Diabetes while pregnant, which was controlled by diet alone (just!)

The doctor told me I have more than a 50% chance of developing diabetes (after having GD). To be honest, I've always struggled with my blood sugar levels. When I was younger, if I didnt eat regularly, I would find myself in the middle of the shopping center shaking, sweating, dizzy, nauseous, heart racing and in need of a sugar hit.

I have been noticing (and ignoring) the signs and symptoms of diabetes for a while. The doctor thinks that there is something going on here and so I am now testing my blood sugar levels. I only have to do it when I feel yuck, or feel as though my levels are a bit low. I'll chart what my levels do after I eat, and see what happens.

There could also be a link here with my panic attacks. My hypoglycemic episodes produce nearly the same symptoms as my panic attacks. Who knows, they could be related, they might not. This testing may shed some light on this :)

So, back to pricking my finger and drawing blood. Ew, I hate needles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment